Connect the data across your firm so that you always have the most up to date information in your CRM or Practice Management Software using the output API.
What do I need to begin?
- Your CRM or Practice Management Software needs to also have an API for the information to be able to be sent to the software.
- A software that sits in the middle between Automio and the service you would like to connect to. This could either be custom-made, or built using a service such as Zapier.
How do I get started?
In this article we will use Zapier as the middle-ware to connect our client data into Hubspot (a CRM software).
1. Create an account on Zapier and click 'Make a Zap!'
2. In the initial trigger, choose 'Webhooks by Zapier'. There are no settings required in the 'Edit Options'
3. On the 'Test this Step' page copy the URL that has been generated and add it to the 'API POST to URL' field in your bots publishing tab
4. Run through a 'START' interview on the bot to send your first set of data to the 'Zap'. You should see your data in the 'Test This Step' tab on Zapier.
5. Click '+ Add a Step' on Zapier, then 'Action/Search' and find Hubspot for the Action App. If you are using a different CRM or practice management software then select this here.
6. In the 'Choose Action' tab select 'Create or Update Contact', choose your account in the 'Choose Account' tab, if you don't see one there then connect your Hubspot account.
7. In the 'Set Up Template' screen we want to use the values we get from the interview to set up the contact. For the 'Contact Email' field select the email address for the interviewee, and then add the other values you would like to be added to the contact in Hubspot e.g. name, address. For example:
8. Awesome, you should now be able to send this contact to Hubspot and then turn on your Zap for all future interviews. Give the interview another 'START' on Automio to test the whole Zap again.
As always, do reach out if you run into any trouble our friendly team are happy to help.